Contact: benoit.vermersch (at) lpmmc.cnrs.fr
I am an associate professor at the University of Grenoble Alpes, and member of the LPMMC
MASTER INTERNSHIP PROPOSAL ON RANDOMIZED MEASUREMENTS (WITH POSSIBLE PHD)
1. Synthetic quantum systems for quantum technologies
Measurement of entanglement entropies in a trapped-ion quantum simulator (Science 364, 260-263 (2019))
- Implementations with cold atoms, trapped ions, superconducting qubits,…
- Measurement protocols for
Entanglement-related quantities, out-of-time ordered correlators, topological invariants.
- Selected publications:
NP 14, 827–831 (2018),
PRL 120, 050406 (2018),
Science 364, 260-263 (2019)
2. Quantum networks
Quantum simulation and optimization in a hot quantum network [PRB 99, 241302(R) (2019)]
3. Tensor-network numerical methods
Matrix-Product-state simulation of an entangling gate mediated by a multimode waveguide [PRB 99, 241302(R) (2019)]
- Matrix-Product-States and DMRG,TEBD related algorithms.
Selected presentations available for download
- 2019- Associate professor, University of Grenoble.
- 2017-2019 Senior scientist at the University of Innsbruck, group of Peter Zoller.
- 2013-2017 Postdoctoral fellow at the University of Innsbruck, group of Peter Zoller.
- 2010-2013 PhD student under the supervision of Jean-Claude Garreau, University of Lille.
- 2006-2010 École Polytechnique.