Contact: benoit.vermersch (at) lpmmc.cnrs.fr
I am an associate professor at the University of Grenoble Alpes, member of the LPMMC.
- Implementations of quantum processing units with cold atoms, trapped ions, superconducting qubits,…
- Measurement protocols for entanglement-related quantities, out-of-time ordered correlators, topological invariants.
- Many-body entanglement theory
- Quantum networks : Light-matter interfaces, quantum state transfer protocols, waveguide quantum electrodynamics.
- Tensor-network numerical methods: Matrix-Product-States and DMRG,TEBD related algorithms
Want to now more?
-2023.08: Our article on Fermionic quantum processing with programmable neutral atom arrays has been published!
Link to the paper
-2023.08: Our article on Fermionic correlation functions from randomized measurements in programmable atomic quantum devices has been published!
Link to the paper
Selected presentations available for download
- Measuring scrambling and topological invariants via randomized measurements, Solvay workshop on quantum simulation, Brussels, 2019
- Probing quantum matter via randomized measurements, Seminars at Shanxi and Shanghai University (USTC), 2019.
- Quantum simulation and optimization with hot quantum networks, Seminars at Shanghai University (USTC), 2019.
- Probing mixed-state entanglement with randomized measurements, Talks at CoolMe/IQFA workshops, and LPT Toulouse, 2020-2021.
- Probing scrambling with randomized measurements, Youtube Link , Talk for the Geoflow Workshop (2021)
- Mixed-state entanglement with randomized measurements – Dynamical purification in synthetic quantum matter, Talks at Benasque – Entanglement in Strongly Correlated Systems, 2021, and Seminar at LPTMS (Orsay), March 2021.
- Importance sampling of randomized measurements to probe entanglement, Machine Learning for Quantum, July 2021.
- Probing entanglement in quantum technologies, CPTGA Day (broad audience talk), September 2021.
- Making randomized measurements a universal measurement toolbox, joint Innsbruck-Harvard seminar, November 2021.
- Intrication et ordinateurs quantiques, broad-audience seminar at ONERA, March 2022 (Youtube video in French)
- Probing the entanglement structure of many-body quantum states via
partial-transpose moments, Seminar at ICFO April 2022//Quantum measurements theory conference, Bad Honnef, July 2022
- Understanding the role of entanglement in quantum computing Quantum Africa Conference, Kigali, September 2022 (online)
- Recent progress in the development of the randomized measurement toolbox Seminar at Tsinghua’s university, October 2022 (online)
- Probing entanglement using the randomized measurement toolbox, GDR Meso Day (broad audience talk), November 2022.
- Talk on randomized measurements of the quantum Fisher information, and on Common randomized measurements, Workshop Many-boy quantum information, Sankt Anton, May 2023.
- Robust universal quantum processors in spin systems via Walsh pulse sequences, Rydberg conference London, July 2023.
- 2021 Habilitation diploma (HDR), University Grenoble-Alpes Manuscript
- 2019- Associate professor, University Grenoble-Alpes.
- 2017-2019 Senior scientist at the University of Innsbruck, group of Peter Zoller.
- 2013-2017 Postdoctoral fellow at the University of Innsbruck, group of Peter Zoller.
- 2010-2013 PhD student under the supervision of Jean-Claude Garreau, University of Lille.
- 2006-2010 École Polytechnique.
- Numpy scripts to analyze randomized measurements performed on quantum devices: Github Link